- Fees are to be paid in advance of each term to confirm dancer’s place in class. Surrey Dance School requires half a term’s notice for changes to pupils class requirements.
- Students must wear the regulation uniform to every class. New students are not required to wear uniform until after they have enrolled. Dancers are expected to be neat and all dancers should aspire to have their hair in a ballet bun once they are attending Graded ballet classes ( Grade 1 and above).
- Parents are not permitted to be in the hall when classes are taking place. From experience, children progress quicker and are less distracted when other adults are not in the lesson.
- A watching class will will be run in the last week of each term so you can see your child dance. This is a special opportunity to come and see what your child has been learning during the term.
- We reserve the right to change fees, term dates and class times. However, we aim to keep changes to a minimal and will give parents as much notice as possible.
- We do not accept responsibility for any items lost or stolen. We will place any items found, in lost property.
- Pupils must be seen into and collected from the hall for their own safety.
- By its very nature some contact between the teacher and student will be necessary during Surrey Dance School classes. The teacher will use physical contact when helping to improve your child’s posture or assist in movements.
Tarryn Owen-Skull is a qualified Cecchetti ballet teacher and an active member of the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD). I am DBS Checked and a licensed chaperone.